The Delaware County Clerk of Courts is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept passport applications at these two locations:
Clerk of Courts Legal Division
110 North Union Street, Level 300
Delaware, Ohio 43015
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Clerk of Courts Title Division
8647 Columbus Pike
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
In order to leave or enter the United States and to enter most foreign countries, all U.S. citizens, regardless of age, must have a passport issued in their own name. All applicants, regardless of age, must apply for a passport in person. Applicants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by both parents or legal guardians. Minors who are over the age of 16 must appear in person with one parent or legal guardian to execute an application. Please visit the U.S. Department of State’s website, www.travel.state.gov for a complete list of information.
Items required to obtain a passport book or card:
- Passport Application, completed but not signed. Your signature requires certification and must be signed in the presence of an acceptance agent in our office.
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate or original Naturalization Certificate. A photocopy of your citizenship document must also be submitted with the original.
- Driver’s license or current government issued photo ID with signature. If under the age of 16, both parents’ driver’s licenses are required. If 16-17, one parent’s driver’s license is required. A photocopy of your license, front and back, must be submitted.
- One passport photo. Passport photos may be taken at CVS, Walgreens, AAA Auto Club or anywhere that takes passport photos.
Processing times and fees:
|Type of Passport||Regular Service 6-8 Weeks||Expedited Service|
|Adult Book (age 16 and up)||$110.00||$185.89|
|Child Book (under age 16)||$80.00||$155.89|
|Adult Card (age 16 and up)||$30.00||$90.00|
|Child Card (under age 16)||$15.00||$75.00|
The fees in the above table are payable to the U.S. Department of State by check or money order. Additionally, a $35.00 processing fee for each application is payable by cash, check or money order to the Delaware County Clerk of Courts. Expedited service includes the $60.00 expedite fee and $15.89 for return mailing.
You must apply for your passport in person if:
- You are applying for a passport for the first time.
- Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
- You were a minor when your last passport was issued.
- You have an existing passport that has been damaged or lost.
You may be eligible to apply for a renewal by mail if your most recent passport was issued within the past fifteen years and is in your possession. If you have any questions about the application process or required documents, please give us a call at 740-833-2500 at the Courthouse in Delaware or 740-657-3945 in Lewis Center, or please visit www.travel.state.gov for details.